It will be the second week of a home stand on Saturday as Chattanooga comes to town to take on the Triumph. The chaotic and card-filled play of last week will limit the options that Coach Harkes has to put on the field. How will this impact Greenville’s hopes for a second victory in a row?
What to Watch For:
- Crowd Size: Last week’s home opener saw a sold out crowd of over 4,000 people come out to Legacy Early College to cheer on the Triumph. After an entertaining come-from-behind win, casual fans will have a reason to come back. With weather questions looming, what will the week two crowd look like?
- Shorthanded: We already knew we would be without defender Cole Seiler after he received a red card in last week’s match. But we all got a surprise this week when the USL League One Discipline Report was released and Edmundo Robinson was issued a suspension for a hard foul early in last week’s match. These two suspensions will mean Greenville will only have four available substitutes for this match (3 field players and a goalkeeper).
- How will Greenville approach this match tactically?: Last week saw the team come out with a high pressing attack that worked wonders against Lansing. But this week they are missing a big piece without Seiler anchoring the back line. Don’t be surprised if Coach Harkes returns to the 5-3-2 formation and looks to play a more counter-attacking style this week.
Highlights from our opponents’s last match:
Key Players for Chattanooga Red Wolves SC:
- Éamon Zayed – #12 – forward: Zayed is a veteran striker with a ton of experience. The 35 year old has spent the last three season in the USL Championship with Indy Eleven and Charlotte Independence where he amassed 34 goals in his three seasons. Zayed scored the team’s first goal last week and he is sure to score plenty more this season.
- Leo Folla – #5 – defender: Folla is one of the few younger players on this mostly veteran side. The 24 year old had five clearances in an around the box in the second half of last week’s victory of Forward Madison. He, along with his fellow defenders, play a critical role in Chattanooga’s bunker and counter-attack strategy.
- Andrew Kendall-Moullin – #16 – defender: The former Atlanta United 2 defender is the perfect partner for Folla as a center-back pair adding five additional clearances in and around the box last week. These two young defenders do not only provide solid defensive play, but are also responsible for starting distribution as the team begins attacks.
The CASHINHO “Take It To The Bank” Prediction:
At full strength Greenville is the stronger team in this matchup. However, Greenville will be without defensive standout Cole Seiler and will down to 15 available players on their game day lineup. Greenville has also been susceptible to counter-attacks in their first two games, resulting in the only two goals scored against the Triumph. I think we will see a very different offensive attack from Greenville, who may even play a bit of a counter-attack themselves in this match. With all of those considerations, I think this match could end up in a draw come Saturday night.
Greenville Triumph SC: 1 – Chattanooga Red Wolves SC: 1
The match will take place at Legacy Field in Greenville, SC at 7:00pm EST on Saturday April 13, 2019. Tickets can be purchased HERE. The game will be available on ESPN+ in the US and on YouTube internationally.